METHOD OF WORKING
The Seasonal Group’s policy is designed to facilitate the management of health and safety within the Company, particularly in respect of our activities within client premises, and to control all areas of risk arising from the Company’s activities that may affect employees, other contractors, clients and their employees, tenants, visitors or members of the public.
The Seasonal Group’s method statement includes:
- The Company’s written statement of intent to ensure the health, safety and welfare of employees and others who might reasonably be affected by the Company’s activities.
- The organisation within the Company for ensuring that health and safety standards are met on site.
- The arrangements in place for ensuring that health and safety standards are met, including safe working procedures within client premises and a system of record keeping and monitoring.
- Health and Safety within the Company will be monitored and an audit of the system will be carried out at least annually to ensure that all necessary steps are being taken to ensure a safe and healthy working environment.
HEALTH AND SAFETY STATEMENT
The Seasonal Group recognises that the control of all health and safety matters arising from our work activities is an essential feature of our efficient operation. It is the intent of the Company to provide safe and healthy working conditions for all our employees by:-
- providing and maintaining safe plant and equipment
- providing safe systems of work
- providing a safe place of work and safe access and egress
- providing for the safe use, handling, storage and transport of all particles and substances
- providing a safe working environment
- providing adequate and sufficient information, instruction, training and supervision
It is also the intent of The Seasonal Group to enlist the support of all employees towards achieving the safest possible working conditions and to encourage consultation on all health and safety matters. Support, co- operation and consultation will also be sought from clients, other contractors and any other persons who might reasonably be expected to be included in such discussions. To this end, regular health and safety meetings will be held.
The Company also accepts responsibility for the health and safety of other people who may be affected by our activities including clients’ employees, other contractors and members of the public. The Company also accepts responsibility for any affects our activities may have on the environment.
The Seasonal Group will ensure that adequate mechanisms are in place to effectively consult with employees and their representatives on health and safety matters at departmental level, and recognise that Health and Safety is an integral element of its business, and it will be given equal status alongside other management functions.
The Seasonal Group will ensure that appropriate systems are developed and maintained for the effective communication of health and safety matters throughout the company.
Seasonal Displays Limited is committed to leading the industry in minimising the impact of its activities on the environment. The key points of its strategy to achieve this are:
- Maximise use of LED lights to ensure up to 80% power saving for the centre and the extended longevity
- Re-cycle and re-use stock and materials where possible
- Consideration given to packaging of products and vehicles to minimise costs and pollution
- Use the smallest quantity and size of vehicles when installing and removing displays and/or decorations to minimise our carbon footprint
- Re-cycled stationery used where possible and we utilise green printing processes
- We plant a tree for every job we handle
- Material off cuts including wood and polystyrene are donated to local schools – or recycled into other products (i.e. beanbags)
- We take steps towards ensuring energy utilisation is at a minimum and always consider our waste produced and fair trade products
- Products are sourced locally where possible – British is best
- We use TNT for the delivery of larger displays and decoration schemes as they have policies in place to minimise their carbon footprint and are consistently better than current legislation requirements
- We recycle as much of our general waste as possible and have a dedicated industrial recycle waste bin
- Minimise waste by evaluating operations and ensuring they are as efficient as possible
- Minimise toxic emissions through the selection and use of its feet and the source of its power requirement
- Actively promote recycling both internally and amongst its customers and suppliers
- Source and promote a product range to minimise the environmental impact of both production and distribution
- Meet or exceed all the environmental legislation that relates to the Company